Are you getting married this year? If you recently got married or are planning a wedding, the last thing on your mind is taxes. But you need to take some important steps to avoid stress at tax time. Here are five tips from the Internal Revenue Service for newlyweds to keep in mind.

Notify the Social Security Administration
Report any name change to the Social Security Administration (SSA), so your name and Social Security number will match when you file your next tax return. Informing the SSA of a name change is quite simple. File a Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card, at your local SSA office. The form is available on SSA’s website, by calling 800-772-1213 or at local offices.

Notify the IRS
If you have a new address, you should notify the IRS by sending Form 8822, Change of Address. You may download Form 8822 from IRS.gov or order it by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).

Notify the U.S. Postal Service
You should also notify the U.S. Postal Service when you move so it can forward any IRS correspondence.

Notify Your Employer
Report any name and address changes to your employer(s) to make sure you receive your Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, after the end of the year.

Check Your Withholding
If both you and your spouse work, your combined income may place you in a higher tax bracket. You can use the IRS Withholding Calculator available on IRS.gov to assist you in determining the correct amount of withholding needed for your new filing status. The IRS Withholding Calculator will even provide you with a new Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, which you can print out and give to your employer so it can withhold the correct amount from your pay.