Sometimes the stars, wind patterns, precipitation and temperatures align and you get an epic snowstorm. 2-2-22 was more than a cool-looking date…. it was the date that started a 2 day snow event for most of our home state of Indiana. At the time of writing this blog post, we are experiencing the 2nd round of snow…lots of it!
What can we do with snow? We can shovel it, plow it, throw it, build a snowman with it… and make ice cream! Check out this simple 4 ingredient recipe here:
- 8-10 cups of snow
- 1/3 cup of sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 cup of milk or sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Rumchata (for the adult “kids”, of course)
- Combine sugar, milk, vanilla (and salt if you prefer) in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Gradually add in snow to milk mixture, gently stirring, until you have a fluffy mixture.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with sprinkles if you want. Serve immediately (doesn’t keep well in freezer).
This will make about 4 servings. You can replace with milk with any dairy free option as well! You can also swap out the vanilla for any flavored coffee/soda syrup.